Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Mantle - My owl needed some accessorizing

Now that my owl painting is finished I'm on to accessorizing the house for fall.  I dug out my fall decor from the garage and edited it for the mantle.  The mantle is less than a year old, so I've never decorated it for fall.  If you'd like to see how I made it go here.


  I never get away from my starfish. I include them in all my seasonal decor.  I'm at the beach a couple times a week playing volleyball year round so the beach is always near and dear to my heart.  For Fall I embellished my starfish with Grandma's old costume earrings and tied them with some twine to my hurricanes.  I filled the hurricanes with some costume pearl necklaces, shells, and dried branches.  I used a burgundy colored candle to tie into the fall foliage in my owl painting.


On the other side of the mantle I added one of my columns and the matching hurricane, another glass container filled with fall inspired stuff - drift wood, feathers, shells, and a conch shell.  I think the texture and colors go nicely with the owl colors.


I added a faux vine and my white pumpkins. 


I sat my pumpkins on a feather boa for contrast and texture.


Along the side of my fireplace I placed some golden glazed pottery and a basket of wood for texture.


I placed a large faux pumpkin on the column in the corner for some more fall color.


I have more to show you but that's another post.  I'm linking this up to



Thanks for checking it out.











7 comments:

  1. I love the mantle! Love that you incorporated the beach into your fall decor. I never tire of starfish and seashells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! It's very Fall with a hint of Halloween, but it won't be out of date in November!!

    I especially love the pumpkins on the boa! Not only does it look fantastic, the feathers are evocative of the owl without being obvious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I absolutely love your owl and how you dressed up your mantle! Stunning : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantle is gorgeous! I love your owl painting too! Wow, you painted that...impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful owl and I love that the pumpkins are sitting on a feather boa. So cute!
    Thanks for linking up to the CSI Project!

    Hugs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...