Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm Bringing In Green For The New Year

Happy 2013 everyone.



We've been busy skiing in Mammoth and getting back into the school groove.
I took this picture with my iPhone through the car window on the way home.


Here's my family at the top of the mountain.


While I don't mind cold and stark when I ski, my house seemed empty after I put away Christmas.





It needed living things to bring life back into it.


I shopped the house and the garden and added terrariums to my industrial shelves.
                                                                  

 I hung two sconces I've had for years on either side of the gold mirror for some symmetry.

  
Green re-energizes me.











 Free make overs are perfect for my January budget.


I hope the the first month of January has been fantastic for you! 

Thanks for checking it out.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I am ready for some green too. Expecting ice overnight. I purchased some white tulips while at Whole Foods...at least we have a hint of spring in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the lady slipper orchids. I have never seen one with that color variation! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally, I don't care for dinky little plants, but I do like what you've done here, combining the babies with all that shiny glass! Had to laugh at your family skiing photo, tho. Everybody was anonymous in those goggles!

    Pepper
    dollworx.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel every home should have living plants....yours are so pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...